Thursday, December 30, 2010

Help! My Baby Doesn't Speak English!

Ok, this is a question for all you supermoms out there:


What can be done when my baby is in one of those "don't-you-dare-put-me-down-or-I-will-scream-and-cry" moods and you SERIOUSLY have to get something done? 

I am the queen of procrastination as it is, and I'm a true believe to responding to my baby's needs and cries, so I'm no stranger to the whole "the work can be done later, your baby needs you now" mentality. This is basically my life 24/7. However, there are times when something legitimately must be done that requires both hands and all of my focus. Like finishing a resume by a deadline. 
I can't very easily edit a resume and type out a cover letter with Gemma on my lap. Not very quickly either. I also cannot concentrate with her crying like a lunatic either, which is what she does when I set her down.


So. Sad.

So ladies... what do you suggest? (And no, she does not take a pacifier.) Right now, my only answer is to one-hand it and pray that this skill continues to improve with time and practice!


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

2 comments:

  1. haha yes! why that not occur to me?? I guess I was figuring it might not work with me sitting down, but I should totally try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...