Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!! What does my Valentine's Day look like this year?

There is just something so beautiful about a single red rose :)
Rocky and I are going on our Valentine's Day date later this week since we have a youth group night every Tuesday. So we'll be spending our evening going to Mass, praying a rosary, and hanging out with a bunch of super awesome teens! We don't really take Valentine's Day too seriously so the actual day isn't too important to us. But since we go on a date at least once a month anyway, it's a nice excuse to go out and be romantic :)

My crazy girl never stands still for pictures anymore! haha :)

Gemma joined a preschool co-op group with a few Catholic families in the area which has been really great, even if she's a little young for super structured learning, it's nice for both of us to get out and socialize. I was a little too excited to get to make valentines this year for all her little classmates! Where did I go for ideas? Pinterest! where else?? :)

Here are the valentines I made, which I modified from a few different ideas I saw:

Those are little tubes of bubbles! They read: "Being friends with you makes me BURST with joy!" :)
 I saw an idea on Pinterest for bubbles valentines and I totally loved the idea because I wasn't keen on any kind of candy valentines considering the age group these were going out to. What's so great is that I already had these bubbles! Heart shaped bubble wand and all - they were leftover wedding bubbles from forever ago! (recognize them, Jaime? ha!) In fact, I already had all the materials for these so it cost me nothing to make! So jazzed about a free, cute crafty craft :):)


What about you all? What does your Valentine' Day look like this year?

3 comments:

  1. Too cute! We had a pretty quiet V-Day here as my husband had surgery today. But I did make a special dinner and buy a little cake for the kids. Why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely ideas for valentines..i bet everyone liked giving them out and getting them!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to say hi and to invite you to link up one of your posts on a networking meme. I've received a few requests to open up “Pay It Forward” to posts from a bloggers own blog and I thought I'd give it a try. Although the original idea was to share what you've seen elsewhere on the internet, I recognize that each time we post something on our own blogs we are also sharing Good News, great tips, wonderful prayers, fabulous photos, scrumptious recipes, hilarious humor, unbelievable books, stories of goodwill, or good things that have knocked our socks off. I hope you’ll post something from your blog.

    I'll leave the March linky open until March 14th. I can't wait to see what gets posted! http://alife-sizecatholicblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/ive-received-few-requests-to-open-up.html

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...