Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Gemma!!!


I've put this post off a little bit for 2 reasons. 1. We've been insanely busy the past few weeks! and 2. I'm still in denial that my sweet little baby is already a year old! 
Her official birthday was August 13th, and on that day, we were all stuck in the car, driving back from a wedding. Strapped into a carseat, facing backwards, is not the best way to spend your birthday. So, to make up for it, we threw her a super, amazing, fantastically awesome Safari Party this past weekend. 

Here's a few pictures of the preparations/decorations:


How cute are these napkins! Ordered from Celebration Express.
Yes, we made that sign! I did the letters, Rocky did the artwork :)
Check out the LOOT!! (In Safari print wrapping paper of course - Dollar Tree)


Alright, so, here's the thing. We had food. We had... lots. of. food. Unfortunately, I was so busy making/devouring it, that I forgot to take pictures of almost all of it. There were bbq brisket sandwiches, buffalo chicken dip, veggies, cheese&crackers, fruit kabobs, sausage dippers, shrimp rangoon cups (yea, they're friggin awesome... will post recipe soon), candy, sweet safari punch, chips&salsa... the list. goes. on. 
Oh, and some amazing cupcakes that I literally spent close to 4 hours baking/decorating! :)
This was all I managed to get pictures of:

The Cheese Lion. My brainchild, Rocky's handiwork!

So cute!! Worth the effort :)




Of course, no birthday post would be complete without sharing some pictures of Gemma destroying eating her 1st cupcake.

It all started so nicely...

 Then, the destruction began.

 She was lovin it!


Daddy gave her a little ice cream to wet her whistle :)

She was taking this whole cupcake thing very seriously... this is as close to a smile as I got out of her!
Note the placement of her chocolate-covered right hand!

All in all, we had such a fun party! First birthday parties can be silly, I know, since technically "they'll never remember it" but really, it's for the parents to celebrate an amazing year of life with their child! I am so, so, so grateful for my little girl. She is truly a blessing in our lives, and I feel thankful to God that I get to be her Mommy. I love you Gemmaroo!! 



3 comments:

  1. HAPPY belated birthday Miss Gemma...I am dying over you and your husbands creative genes, that sign rocks my socks off, and the lion! Are you for real!?!?!? I love it all! You did such an amazing job! She is getting so BIG!! AHHH can you believe they are officially ONE!??!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it!! And you, with #3 on the way!! I'm so happy for you. So many of my favorite mommies are preggo right now, I need to get on board!! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are a.dorable. I am in love. Miss you deary. And I like the new blog title change back to your roots too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...