Sunday, September 4, 2011

Back to Muh Roots, People.

Hey lovely people!!

So. I did it. I changed my blog look once again. I made a few subtle layout changes, revamped my "About" tab over on the left, and made a new header!

The biggest difference you'll notice here is the title of the blog, which is now: Candid Catholic Living. Those of you who have been followers for awhile will know that it's actually the original title of this blog! So. Why the switch-back?

Honestly, there's no big "Aha" reason at all. It just kind of... felt right. See here's the thing. I had always loved the original title, but when I changed it to Whining and Dining, it was (I realize this now, looking back) mostly just because I didn't like the look of it. I had it in this pretty, scripty font and it looked so... fancy. And let me tell you, dear readers, I'm a lot of things, but fancy just isn't one of them. I'm about as down-to-earth as they come. So my mentality was, I want to change the look of my blog to be more reflective of my personality: just an average, fun-loving, deep in the trenches of mommyhood kind of gal! So the blog name changed along with a lot of other features at that time.

But... I never really loved the title Whining and Dining. Don't get me wrong, I think it was cute for sure, but it wasn't as reflective of me as I felt the original title was. And it always sounded kind of... whiny to me. Haha!

Aaaaaaanyway, it recently dawned on me that I really missed my original blog title. It was so much more me and besides, my url still remained the same, even during the W&D phase.

So, ladies and genties, welcome to my new, old blog: Candid Catholic Living. I hope you enjoy it :)

6 comments:

  1. I did always love the original blog name! I hope you all are doing well! I wish you lived closer haha so we could cook, have play dates and talk catholic stuff together! I will have to email you on a touchy subject I was going to cover and get your take, lets just say if I posted on my blog it would not be pretty, I would love your take on this situation! Haha i will email you with that and also the address of that family...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I know! We should figure out a virtual playdate via skype or something haha... how funny would that be?! Looking forward to your email! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower, but I definitely like Candid Catholic Living better. :o) And I love your new header!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jamie!! I like it much better too! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! Just found your blog and love it. So much GREAT information! Awesome to see so much great stuff in one place. Blessing to you all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...